over 1 year ago
– Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 12:07:25 AM
We've got an awesome, strong start to the campaign thanks to you all. Jonathan and I were both laid off last week amidst the coronavirus panic and I can honestly say that I haven't had a decent night's sleep since unsure if I'd be able to make a go of being a full-time designer this year, right away. Your trust and support means more than you know.
I've got a vision for this project, and the way things are going, I think we're going to be able to make a lot of it happen. If you could help share the project in your circles, particularly places like reddit where we basically have zero presence, it would help a lot!
Here are some of the things I want to make happen for the book:
- Smythe sewn binding to make the binding the highest quality possible (we're already just a couple hundred bucks away from this!)
- Include a poster map of the city inside the book (it'll be folded up and placed in the back)
- Include at least one set of stickers that can be written on and placed on the map as you play the game. One sheet will have 12 stickers on them so they're a decent size, but so that you can also get a bunch of them onto the map.
- Any sticker sheets would also be placed inside the book, and then we'd shrink wrap the book for good measure as well. Stickers have locations, events, or objects of significance that are placed as they come up in play or when starting a mission as a group.
- A ridiculous, Worlds in Peril-level amount of art to make the book as vibrant and as lush as possible.
- An intro comic to the game. I have a feeling that it'd probably end up being a bit bigger than the one in Worlds in Peril since there's a bit more to explain (and even the one for Worlds in Peril was 13 pages!). It'd likely be a similar format, going through character creation, using powers and the action roll, running the game, the mission and downtime cycles. All that good stuff. If you missed it there's a link to it on the front page, or you can click here to check it out.
Of course, everything we unlock will be included in the book at no extra charge or change to the pledge levels, no upgrades necessary and no change to the shipping quotes on the front page. Helping to spread the word and bring backers in ups the value in your pledge, too!
Backers at digital levels will get it all digitally, backers at the physical levels will get it all digitally, and then get the deluxe hardcover with everything included.
Again, thanks so much for making this project possible, especially in these difficult times when you may not have the extra scratch you'd normally have to throw at dream projects.